You can come to us or we will bring our zoo to you!
Have your event at our zoological facility or we can bring the zoo to your party location.
The best show, the best animals, YOUR best party ever!
Option number 1: We come to your location. This is our very popular hands on educational wildlife show. Not only will you get up close and personal with the storied Nile crocodile AND American alligator but each party also consists of additional animals which are representative of the four major reptile groups(Snakes, lizards, turtles & tortoises). Each child will have an opportunity to touch and interact with a variety of reptiles species safely and securely. The animals are walked throughout the group and guests may gently touch the animal. We do this with virtually all the reptiles at the show! This is one party that is good for all ages from 2 -110. The birthday child receives a very cool Crocodile Encounter 'Survivor' t-shirt or crocodile souvenir. Due to the high demand for our traveling show please contact us as soon as you know your preferred date. We are very good about accommodating everyone when possible but to get your #1 preference the earlier the better!
Offsite Party Pricing: $250 plus distance as determined by Google Maps. You can determine your exact cost by using Google maps from your address to ours and comparing it to the information below. Please note these are estimates and may be higher or lower once the actual mileage is calculated.
Option number 2: Have your party here with the big crocs! You come to us! You get to spend your party with our very personable American alligator Sultan and his friends. In addition you get face to face with the most awe inspiring predator on the face of the Earth, the Nile crocodile. The nations' largest group of Nile crocodiles and your party group! We didn't even mention the giant tortoises, lemurs, kangaroos, or our maginificent antelope. An onsite birthday party is an exclusive look into a functioning zoological facility that is reserved just for your group.
35 entry bands and a discounted rate on additional bands
Party pavilion rental
Touch an alligator! It is a great way to celebrate with your families animal lover!
You just add cake, gifts, and guests! The clean-up is on us.The birthday child receives a gift og their choice from our gift shop. Onsite birthday party events are available year round depending on weather conditions. Each party receives 35 paid entries for your guests. Each additional guest past the 35 will pay a discounted $7 admission price. Guests under 2 years of age are no charge. All parties are reserved in 2 hr blocks approximately 1:15 of which is your tour time with the animals and the remaining time for your party.
These awesome cake and cookies are produced by Sandra's Treats and will make you and your guests very happy!Click here to see the selection and place your order
'It went super!! We were totally impressed. The kids response in one word..Awesome... Thank you very much!
'Chris-I just wanted to let you know that our party was OUTSTANDING!!! The presentation was fantastic! It kept everyone (and i do mean everyone from age 1-63) entertained and engaged! We loved it and are spreading the word!
Thanks for a great memory making birthday for all of us!
Chris – I just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for making my boy's 5th birthday party a memorable one. The young gentleman who presented was just charming! His enthusiasm, knowledge, sense of humor, and polite demeanor were certainly appreciated and quite impressive. I'll send referrals your way any time!
The kids really enjoyed it! I thought you did a great job of presenting some factual information about the animals without talking too long and losing their attention. I received lots of compliments from parents. You also made sure the birthday boy felt special. I got some great pics of him with the reptiles. Thanks for helping make my son's 5th birthday a huge success!
I just wanted to tell you all Thank you so much for making my son's birthday party a huge success! This was by far the best birthday party we have ever had for any of our 3 children. You and your staff are wonderful people and very knowledgable and great with the kids. Thank you so much and I will recommend you to everyone.
We can paste testimonials here all day. Bottom line we are the best at providing reptile shows for your birthday party.Give us a call and we will make your event successful!
Tired of the same old birthday party? Need a great Birthday party idea? Looking for a fresh, exciting, and fun birthday party idea? Are your adult guests tired of clowns and uninspired by inflatable bounce cubes? Petting zoos boring your crowd ten minutes after the bunny bounces out? Then you are ready for Houston's largest wildlife event! Your just a phone call away from bringing the zoo to you! Turtle birthday parties, lizard birthday parties, snake birthday parties, giant tortoises, alligators, and of course....
1. Certified Texas educators design each and every show. Trust the information and delivery that only experience with 1000's of students and guests can give you.
2. Texas Zoological permit holder and USDA license holder. The same as all the public zoos in Texas. No other Texas wildlife show can say the same. Our committment to education is highlighted by our facility which exceeds state standards. Our writing and work with reptiles can be seen in two published books and numerous articles in various publications. You can trust the educational background offered at your event. You can also visit our crocodilie zoo yourself.
3. We enjoy what we do. It's not just a job to us. It's fun. We do hundreds of shows each year in the Houston area.
4. Fully insured. Why bring an animal show of any type to your home without making sure they are fully insured. We have the coverage to give you peace of mind.
Important party information
1. We recommend that your birthday party starts at least 30 minutes before your Crocodile Encounter begins. This allows the "fashionably late" people to arrive and settle in. It is important that your Crocodile Encounter show starts on time. Typically Crocodile Encounter will intentionally arrive 15 minutes after you tell us to allow for late guests. This has proved an effective way to prevent people from missing part of the show. Of course if you want us there at a designated time that is perfectly fine as well. Do to intense demand for our show we arrange our weekend show schedule in two hour blocks based on the first show scheduled for that day. Any other day of the week we have more flexibility. We try to accommodate every birthday child as their day only occurs once a year and this schedule ensures we can travel anywhere in the Houston area and maintain schedule integrity.
2. The food should be served after the reptile birthday party, in order to ensure cleanliness. We ask that the kids are not snacking during the program. Children who are eating during the show will not be permitted to touch the animals.
3. It takes only a few minutes to set up for a Crocodile Encounter birthday party and we can perform in most locations as long as there is approximately a 15 x 15ft area. The animals are generally not messy but like children accidents can happen although it is a rarity with our primary show animals. We ask that if you are having an outdoor party you have a shady area designated for the show animals.
4. Reptile Birthday party pricing is determined based on your location from Crocodile Encounters base facility in Angleton Texas. We have a base price that is competitive with other similar wildlife shows in the state of Texas despite the fact that our show is the largest in the state. To read more about how we determine our price structure read our FAQ.
5. We ask that you please be respectful of our schedule. It is highly likely that we will be performing other events on the day yours is scheduled and we structure our travel around your schedule. We want to ensure all of our clients are satisfied with our educational shows. As such please attempt to adhere to your chosen time as much as possible so we can extend the same courtesy to all our clients. If your party is starting at 4 have us arrive at 4:30. We only need a few minutes to set up and then we are into the show.
6. Onsite birthday parties are scheduled in two hour blocks. The first 1hr to 1:15 will be our croc show. We endeavor to leave 45 minutes for your personal party. You are more than welcome to bring the cake, food, etc. We have a courtyard designated for your party. No food or drink is allowed on the boardwalk at any time as we have to protect the animals from debris.
7. Book your event as early as possible.Typically our booking runs about one month in advance although we have planners who may schedule as far as six months in advance of their event and others who call the week(or on occasion day) before. Like anything else more advance notice gives you the option of securing your preferred date and not having to flex your event around what is already on our calender. We do an increasing number of shows annually and the schedule gets loaded pretty quickly. At the time of booking you will be asked for your CC number to secure your spot. Your CC is not charged unless that is the method of payment you prefer. The CC just holds your spot and acts as your deposit. In the event of a cancellation you will be charged a fee as we will bypass other bookings while you are on our calendar.
Thank you for your interest in Houston's premier animal event Crocodile Encounter. We look forward to making your child's special reptile birthday party an incredible experience and one they will always remember! Their birthday comes but once a year and we never forget that fact! Please email or call with any additional questions, or to schedule your birthday party with Crocodile Encounter
Add on photo session: $50
The photo session is complimentary to the event presentation and ensures that all guests who wish to have their photo taken with an alligator or crocodile have the opportunity to do so. We bring along extra animals for the photographs as it reduces show animal stress and the working animals need their rest! At alligator parks throughout America the typical alligator photo is $25 per shot, we offer a one cost nominal wholesale opportunity for everyone at your event to have a special keepsake moment with these fantastic animals. The photos are taken at the conclusion of the Crocodile Encounter birthday show. Please let us know 24hrs prior to your party if you would like to add this additional feature to your event.
Purchase animal craft frames for your party by clicking here.
We are the most diverse educational wildlife show in the Houston area. Why spend your hard earned money on inferior shows. You'll appreciate the difference in child interest and control while your child enjoys the diversity of the reptile world. Crocodile Encounter is a show you'll want to see year after year. Give Crocodile Encounter birthday parties a try, we look forward to seeing you soon!
How to make your party great!- a tried and true method!
When people call us they want to know about booking, the animals, how a typical events goes, etc but often they are also looking for a great memorable party with good structure for the children at the event. Crocodile Encounter offers the following suggestion that we have seen work many, many times. Prior to our arrival have the kids do a crocodile related craft. It is our suggestion that they create crocodile or reptile picture frames. We arrive and present our animal show. At the conclusion of the show we have the guests have their picture taken with a photo alligator. The guests go and do the cake/gift portion of the party at which time Dad or a family friend is printing the pictures of the guests with the animal. After eating the guests put the pictures in the frames they made previously and take them home as a memento. Total time approximately 2 hours. It's orderly, fun, and memorable. It's a win!